Things are good.
And so I celebrate with
TEN Random Things about Me:
1. I think Twizzlers are some of the most amazing things ever. And not Pull n Peels. They’re not real Twizzlers.
2. If I could spend the entire day just reading and writing, I would be happy. I get excited about grammar books. Yes, I read Eats, Shoots, and Leaves and loved every second of it. Also got excited over The Elements of Style. I am considering seeking help.
3. I tend to prefer clichéd, unrealistic musicals of the 1930s – 1950s to most of the movies that are out today.
4. I love my nephews to pieces, even if Andrew makes it his life’s goal to aggravate me and Ryan is just a demon.
5. I really miss my Gibison, but I’ve come to love Marti more than ever before since he’s died. A part of me still expects to see him resting in his corner, but I’ve recently been able to joke about him again, which I suppose is a good sign.
6. I love mint tea and would have some every day if I weren’t so lazy.
7. I could eat pasta every day of my life and not get sick of it.
8. I prefer e-mails and AIM to phone calls. Makes me weird, I guess, but I’m just not a phone person.
9. I think myspace is one of the stupidest creations of the past 5 years. I don’t see why everybody is so addicted to it. I find it cluttered, disorganized, and rather narcissistic. “Look at me, yes, here, the world DOES revolve around me and my interests!” Do people really care? And people wonder about teens today…
10. I was REALLY pissed that Brokeback Mountain got screwed at the Oscars. Yes, Crash was good. But come on. Blacks don’t get along with whites. Yes, it sucks. We get the point. And I KNOW it was a good movie. But there have been so many other good movies about racial issues. BBM was groundbreaking. And the Academy didn’t acknowledge that. [stops rant]
NINE things I want in my future soul mate:
1. sense of humor
3. a good hugger
4. a good ear
5. interest in music (and by music I mean instrumental, not what’s top 40) would be nice
6. a good cook
7. has a good relationship with his family
9. not Catholic
EIGHT things I want to do before I die:
1. learn how to play both the violin and a stringed instrument
2. become fluent in a language
3. see the world
4. have a family
5. ride a horse
6. write a book
7. have a near-death experience (is that morbid?)
8. buy a really expensive piece of jewelry just because I feel like it
SEVEN ways to annoy me:
1. hypocrites. Number one. No question about it.
2. “Christians” who conveniently forget about the whole tolerance part of their doctrine. Although this does rather follow under hypocrites…
3. People who constantly have to one up you, even in bad things. Like if I say I’m tired, they have to say how they’ve been exhausted for the past two weeks and omg the angst.
4. having to repeat myself. Oh my God, I HATE doing it. I usually have to count to 5 before I do just to make sure I don’t sound bitchy. Just listen to me the first time!
5. When people use subject pronouns instead of the direct object. I get the urge to take out a red pen and give them a grammar lesson they will never forget. Really, there is nothing grammatical that annoys me more than seeing an abused “I.”
6. Hypochondriacs. Chances are, there’s somebody who is sicker than you are. Get over it.
7. when people (aka parental units) disguise their naggings as questions. As in, “Did you remember to pack that paper?” times twenty. Doesn’t make it any less annoying.
SIX things I believe in:
5. the healing power of chocolate
6. Jim (bwa!)
FIVE things I'm afraid of:
1. Losing my friends
2. Republican Catholics – SCARY ass combination
3. Spiders – way too many legs
4. Arthritis – I’ve already had to start practicing less because of my wrists, I’m really hoping it doesn’t develop into anything more
5. Alzheimer’s – my Poppop died from it, and I think it is by far the scariest way to die
FOUR favorite items in my room:
1. my windowsill memorabilia
2. my bulletin board with my favorite pictures
3. my trio of cuddlers – Dopey, Eeyore, and Dog
4. My secret box…
THREE things I do everyday:
1. Check email/LJ
2. Say hi to Marti
3. Listen to iTunes
TWO things I want to do right now:
2. Read a book just because I damn well feel like it
ONE person I want to see right now:
But on another note...insomnia sucks. Of all the things for my mom to pass down to me...